July 6, 2008

Visit to Philadelphia

Finally, I was able to go out today. It's not that I am not out in the house but out from New Jersey. Hubby asked me to get dressed after 12noon. I was excited to go around the city of Philadelphia. What my itinerary was just to see the Liberty Bell. So it took us maybe 20 minutes to set foot at locust st 4 blocks away from the Liberty Hall Center. It is just a short walk. We first dropped by at the information center. Took some map and plot where to go first. Our first stop was at Liberty bell. A lot of information was posted inside. I saw the Liberty Bell and took pictures. I am honored to see it and learn it's significance to the country.
Right after seeing the bell, we went to check other buildings where sort of historic informations are. We hopped in different museums and landed last at Independence Hall. The rain was pouring hard when we walked to the block. Our thoughts were to get it over with. We walked puddles of water and wind blowing our cold bodies. People were wet too for the unexpected sudden pour of the rain. It was sunny in the middle of the day. I was feeling hot. Just few hours from the sun, the sky cracked with heavy rain. We were soaked and my shoes were wet.


When the tour was over, still outside the sky is pouring down every drop of rain. My husband and I carried an umbrella at his left hand while I was holding his right arm to be secured in the city. He doesn't want to let go of me. I had bought a plastic rain coat that really helped me that to get my clothes wet. I pitied my husband for part of his clothes were really soaked. We had reached the parking lot where we parked our car at Locust st. We planned to get some food. Hubby thought of getting the best Philly Cheese steak. It was so good. It was 12 inches bread with some thinly seasoned beef, with prologne cheese, whiz and mushroom. It was heavenly food delight.

We are too full to get home. We walked around to the boutiques on the block of South st. I was thinking to shop some clothes but I didn't find what I was looking or what my tastes would like to. I don't have the urge to buy so I skipped and just getting some ideas on the fashion sense.

1 comment:

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

kadaghan na jud nyo naadtuan oi, hehehe regards ko sa Liberty Bell