February 29, 2008

How to discipline your Children?

I am not a mother and I am looking for that day when I will be one. My experience of discipline went to my nephew in some point when I had to baby sit him sometime. Indeed it was a tough job, handling the tantrums. He is a spoiled little kid. All the attention centers on him for he was the only grandchild of my family. On the other hand, my mom was the one who made him to become what he is now. He is an adorable, talented, smart child but the only thing I noticed about him is he will become so moody when things are not given or not provided to him. That bothers me a lot.
Hurting a child is not the best way of getting into disciplinary action. Sometimes out of your emotions you can hurt them with the intension to correct their wrong doing. Reading an article over yahoo, it said that it will cause trouble for children overtime and could impact about their sexual drives. So I wonder how we straighten up the kid when they did wrong. Reasoning and verbal interaction can help but is it enough?

Honestly, I don’t know how to handle my future kids. The one thing I know I am certain is that, I will teach them how to be good with themselves and others. As young as they are I must let them know the importance of love, respect, honesty and their spiritual side. I wanted to be the best mom of my kids. And I want them to be the best that they can be.

3 comments:

GagayMD said...

hello!good day!i am still renovating my site..pardon me for that..hopin' to see you there.. take care!

Anonymous said...

hi there nice blog

ANGELROCHE said...

hello thanks for dropping to my page. I appreciate it. will take time to visit yours as well.