June 16, 2008

The most hate Food

When I was a child I am an eater. But I am not so much with candies. I go for real food like eating rice with some meat. I recall my old time favorite was the sliced "puso" the hanging rice where the "ginaling" ground pork with some peas, red bell pepper, onion and other mild spices was placed in the middle. My "nanay" Elen at recess time would brought me this. It was my delight to get full with some real food not junk foods.

I don't know if anyone of you had that experience or was it a time you saw that the hanging rice was made into a sandwhich. In my childhood days, it was popular. If the rice could be a bun, you could imagine it that way. There is a meat in the middle and you just eat it that way.

My mom loves to cook food. She's a really good cook. Everyone likes her menus and the way she cooked the food. But there is just one thing that I wasn't fun of. Having stew fish on my plate. I don't like the smell of the fish. I remember my mom was so mad at me. She pushed me to ate it but I ended up vomiting or spitting it. The rest of my brothers were all loving it but me I never like it. Until this very day, I carry that over.

Today, my co-worker Liz brought some lunch. I don't know what food was that but she smells so fishy. I almost wanted to spray cologne all over my desk to get rid of the smell but I don't want to offend her. I just didn't mind it seriously but it really stinks. In my mind that time, I had my recollection on the experience I had with my mom and it reminds me of how terrible the feeling was. When I logged out from work, I kept my distance far from smelling her and I just said goodbye.

No comments: