August 31, 2008

Last Night in Monterey

Our last night in Monterey was great. We had thought of dining at The Fish Hopper. We passed by first checking if we could have a chance to dine there. We called before going there to check if they accept reservation but the host said no. When we saw how the crowd was lining up at the entrance we decided to skipped it and find another one. We saw Charthouse Restaurant before and thinking it might be a good one. So with not much details as to what the restaurant could be, we took our chances. We went inside and spoke with the host. I was already starving that very minute when we were told we had to wait for 45 minutes until we can get our seat. Man, I already hungry. We were asked if we want to wait or drove somewhere. We decide just to stay and we found our seat in the bar. We ordered crab mushroom for munchies. I had just water while Joey got his ice blended margarita. The appetizer was so good. While we were still looking at the prices, I said to myself this should be good. It's costly just for an appetizer. It didn't fail my expectation it was good.While I had finished my last share and just relaxing, the host called us and said that our table was ready. We were seated overlooking the ocean. It was not so clear to see the view outside but we could see the flare of light from the city. Down below we could see the water splashing the rocks. It was a pretty good view. It could be more beautiful if we could have been there with some light but just with itself at night was already so romantic. I ordered my entree Australian lobster, additional lump sum crab and strawberry margarita while Joey ordered Filet with lobster tail and a second drink of margarita. We had also pre-ordered the hot lava cake for dessert. When our food was served, it was good. Not so flavorful but it was cook good. We were so happy to find that place. I would recommend it.

No comments: