October 15, 2008

Bald for a change

325x425_baldcampaign

My life changed when I grabbed a trip to Malaysia with friends. This happened 5 years ago. In the beginning we thought we could just stay for 2 weeks but decided to extend it and hope for the best. We auditioned one day to some of the hotels that we looked at. There was an opening for band members. We were thinking that perhaps we could find a job and get employed. We made our way to the auditioned. The hiring manager was interested to hire our group. But the saddest part, there could only be one. Out of luck, I was chosen and got the job. I was the only one that was picked from the three of us, so I was left behind. The two of them left and flew back to Cebu Philippines. As for me I stayed and worked really hard for the job. It was tough to live alone in a different country. My band mates were locals too. They spoke different languages, ate food not familiar to me, and did their own thing. It was a struggle but I learned to be independent as the time passed by. I became brave and strong to face the challenges. I transformed myself from being shy to become an entertainer.If there is a reason for change, you will eventually do it. My best friend was married last year to a very good person that I, myself could attest the person that he is. He experienced the challenge too from being away with her for 2 years to work in Taiwan. He is the perfect example of a person who is willing to make sacrifices for his loved ones. I always remembered him wearing his neatly trimmed hair. Until one day he cut his hair bald but still it looked good on him. He could be a good candidate for the October contest from
www.airnewzealand.com. They are looking for 30 adults to be shaved and tattooed to serve as cranial billboards in Los Angeles.

Post?slot_id=22998&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

No comments: