October 29, 2008

Bistro Don Giovanni, Napa Valley

We arrived in Napa Saturday afternoon. We checked in to our place in Lincoln ave and head straight to dine in. There were a lot of restaurants to choose from. I decided with an American dish. Hubby told me some restaurants he browsed from the concierge menu we had inside our cottage. I chose Bistro Don Giovanni located in Howard Lane. It's not american but french italian touch. We drove there for a few minutes and seated by an Italian middle aged man. Soon after we have our menu and water, the chef approached our table and handed us a Fritto Misto. Basically it's more like a battered vegetables with some shrimp. It's good to have free food which I believed always happen to us. There are a number of times we were offered free. I don't know why. It's not just once but I could count maybe 5. Maybe next time, I will reflect on that and go overview which restaurant and what food was brought in.
Anyway, so much with that. Before the meal was served, the waiter served my pineapple express. It has some vodka and more with pineapple juice and my hubby's Merlot. I ordered Grilled Pork Chop where hubby got Seared Atlantic Salmon Fillet. My dish was okay not too overly powerful in taste but it's good enough. I don't have that feeling of wanting to taste it again. There are just some dish when you taste it, you have that feeling of ordering it again over a number of times. This dish didn't get me into that feeling. While my hubby's salmon was kind of small for the price. I thought it could probably they ran out of supply. Well, but it was okay as he said and his smashed potato was good. So at least it complimented. But it could be more good when it is really really good. Anyway, it's just another discovered restaurant we dined in. It's not pretty bad and the restaurant itself is cool. If you want to hear more Italian speaking people, you better dine in this.

1 comment:

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

wow! how nice naman... sarap talaga pag always lang pasyal hehehe