November 10, 2008

Yas Restaurant


My weekend I explored my palate of good stuff, FOOD! As much as I love to eat out and not cooking. The thing about weekend is I don't have the need to cook unless there's a need for me to do it. Before, I cook 3 times a day with different sets of menu. Since I started working, it went to one meals a day and that could be for dinner. I had that routine straight for 5 days. My cooking skills enhanced and I should say I have my own good palette. It takes awhile to know how good the food is. I've learned a bit from my bad meals. Let's just say through practice, I learned my ways to satisfy my husband's taste and of course my own.

Anyway, my first taste of persian cuisine was when I visited my husband's friend. One day he ordered us some at his place. He said it was koobedih. I said to myself, what kind of meat is that. My husband really was the one who explained to me what it is. First bite, I begun to love it. He told us that he ordered it from Yas. I remembered it yesterday so when we passed by the restaurant, I asked hubby if we can have a dinner there. He said yes. So we dine there at 6pm and I had my taste of delicious Chelo-kabab koobedih. This place is I think the best one I had. I tried Chatanoga and Chelokababi, it's not as good. The tenderness of the meat from Yas is just cook to perfection that makes it so good. It's a little bit pricey but if you taste more than what money you can get, why spending less.

1 comment:

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

hello Roche! me and Winn have been exploring good food at some restaurants be it a local one or the great fine dining hehehe

I got a tag for you http://hazelicious929.blogspot.com/2008/11/friendship-flower.html