July 3, 2023

Living Cost of Bohol comparison to Cebu - Grocery Food

The thought of Bohol is cheaper than Cebu, it’s a no no. Essentials here like food grocery is more than what you pay in Cebu. chips, frozen food, international are one of those things that are very evident when I shop in 2 places, ICM and Altura Malls. i think both malls are owned by the same family. I haven’t been to BCQ at their supermarket yet to compare prices but I will in the future. Some of the things I noticed example:

chippy.. in Cebu P17.50 in Bohol $25.80 
Water 10 liters.. in Cebu P71 - Bohol ₱82.50 
Soda 1.5 liters .. probably P2 more here probably because they have their own bottling but I thought it will be the same or less. 
Cleaning supplies.. probably P5 more in Bohol 

is it cheaper to live in Bohol for a local, no. But if you live and work overseas and retire or still have families to take care it’s doable. It needs a 2 income job to live comfortably. 

just a little info of the place living in the island of Bohol. I will be doing more comparison in the coming posts. 


No comments: