November 14, 2011

Living far Away

Authored by Rickey Combs

Living so far away from my family has been a tough adjustment. I wasn’t sure how to go from seeing all of them each and every day to practically only seeing them at holidays – it was a big shock to my system. Also, being without a babysitter for my kids has made it tough for me and you know, I still haven’t found a job yet because I have to work part time and I can’t afford daycare anyway. My husband got a new job which is why we had to move and I did all the things to help this place feel like home like getting ADT Broadview and putting up our old paintings and I’ve even gotten Skype so I can talk to my family when I miss them a lot. But you know, there’s something to be said for being face to face with people you love and getting a real, warm hug when you need one. There’s nothing like being close to family but I’m learning to deal with being far away!

No comments: