October 12, 2008

Santana Concert

Living here in the US for 3 years, I haven't attended any concert. When my husband told me a week ago that Santana will be playing in the bay area, it was my delight to say that "we will go". He booked the tickets 3 days ago and last night we watched him play at Amphitheater, Mountain View. We arrived 20 minutes before the show started. We grabbed some drinks. I had my frozen margarita where he got his red wine Merlot. It was a chilly night with my drink but the tequila mixture in the drink gave me warmth. It was a pretty good drink.

The show started with Salvador Santana Band. They're just an okay band. They are from the LA and one their vocals lived here in the bay. So it was his interest to play and of course to be the opener for Santana. How big you can get to play with a big star right? I can just imagine how great to play on stage when you will introduce the star. I used to be in the band before. I know how it feels when you will be a back up band to a very known artists.

Anyway, after an hour from the opening. Santana came out with his hat and his distinctive guitar. His amazing. His getting old now, but his music lives. He really plays so good and his band is so great. Each one of his band members played so well. Of course, you need to be a good talent when you will be working for Carlos. I had a good time with the concert. It is big for me because I like his music so much.
Ticket

At home before the concert

Santana



1 comment:

Dean and Lee Schroeder said...

ako dai kay concert ra sa pinas ako nakit an hehehe si fafa Winn dili man ni sya pala gawas basta gabii na... if ever man, mukaon ra mi and movie... dili sya ganahan kanang crowded and noisy kaayo nga environment hehehehe