September 1, 2010

Brotherly bonding at the movies

Guest post from: Natalie Walter

My brother and I are two very different people. We don't have a lot in common, so it's tough for us to spend a lot of quality time together. Pretty much the only thing we both like doing is going to the movies. We try to be sure to catch a movie together once or twice a month. It's a great way for us to keep in touch.

He usually comes to pick me up. He's always early, and I'm always running late: one of the many ways we are the opposite. He's pretty patient though, and once I find my keys and set my best home alarm system, we head down to our local cinema. It's just down the street from my apartment, so that's convenient.

Considering how different we are in so many ways, it's pretty amazing that we have such similar tastes in movies. We tend to like the big, epic kind of movies that are best seen in theatres with a big screen and a great sound system. We saw all of the Lord of the Rings films several times together.

Afterwards, we like to go grab some dinner together, and the movie we just saw always gives us plenty to talk about. It's also a good time to catch up on our personal lives. The movies have really brought us together.

No comments: