January 12, 2011

I'm not the Grinch!

Guest post by Jewel Cole

Instead of a lump of coal for my children, I decided to take them to Disneyland for Christmas! We have been enjoying ourselves very much and cannot seem to tire of the beautiful Southern California sun. Things have not been as good as in the past, considering the economy, but we were able to save our pennies and give the kids the kind of holidays they deserve. My mother in law wanted to come along but I told my wife it would be divorce. She gave way and said that it would only fly if my mother did not join us for New Years. I have no problem with this and am relieved.

Before we left the house we set our home security alarm (Jacksonville home Alarm systems monitoring). We also made sure to cover the faucets and leave the indoor plumbing dripping some water. The kids have loved leaving the house ever since we could not afford to keep the maid. Southern California is not such a bad place once you get used to all of the palm trees and the smell of fart. Perhaps it is my allergic reaction to acid rain but I do think it smells here.

Disneyland has been an absolute blast. The kids have worn themselves out everyday with all of the excitement. Tomorrow we are going to eat at the Hard Rock Cafe.

No comments: