July 18, 2008

Reflection

Last Tuesdsay, I attended an employee orientation at one of our location site in San Jose. The hours conducted between 9am until 4pm. It started with an opening of a video presentation which I already did see last year when I attended a company retreat at another location. My work might be so hard at times when complaints rattled my day but the thought of those people who have developmental disabilities won't compete how the care taker of those people managed them. In our company they are the heroes. It is a very hard task to be able to take patient to take care of people who doesn't guarantee any in return.

We are lucky to be born normal. To be healthy and able to do what we would want to do. It is fortunate of us that we can take care of ourselves not to depend on other people. With the people who has disabilities they would not able to do what they can without somebody to assist them. There are stages of disabilities and categories them in nature. I admire to those who can be able to talk, has mobility and a mind of his/her own.

At my job, we provide services for this people. We are a non profit organization so the funds that we get are fundings from the government, donations and other company strategies. I am touched on how I am being employed and how great it is to have that privilege to be part of the organization where the vision is to give services to those who really in need the most.

No comments: